Sunday, January 9, 2011

Better Book Titles

Hi. As part of my blog-versary business, I'm going to start moving away from an all book review format. Spicing it up a little more often. I get dragged down sometimes by my need to relive every single detail of a book. I don't cover every book that I read. (Who wants to read my review of The Good Earth? No one? Okay.) Mini-posts are my plan to give myself more time to finish reading books that aren't blog friendly and to take the pressure off me on constantly publishing something.

Here's to you, douche canoe trolls. And before you accuse me of anything, just remember that I own the real version of this book. And that before the year is over, I may very well be a published researcher. Suck it.

Good thing I still went to church during my prime boob-sprouting years.

Judy Blume: Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret.

I'm not even going to comment on this one. Not because I don't want to. I don't think I can legally say the things on my mind right now.

Glenn Beck: Broke: The Plan to Restore Our Trust, Truth, and Treasure

There are more sweet Better Book Titles at the Better Book Titles site. Here.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for your invitation. At this time, I cannot accept your invitation. I suspect that you are not actually interested in me or my blog but are fishing for followers. I do not approve of that or your lack of punctuation.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha nice response Alison! I like the second one, sometimes I wish it were true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what do you mean you don't approve of a lack of punctuation you mean you have trouble deciding where one sentence ends and another begins Ugh, I especially hate it when people on FB don't use punctuation or capital letters or anything remotely resembling grammar. It becomes a chore to try to read their posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great response. I'd better watch my ps and qs around you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How appropriate a response to Steve given the new title to Strunk and White. For the record, I <3 Strunk and White and I do correct my friends like a dick. And I got in trouble at work for correcting an insurance adjuster on his apostrophe abuse once. I still insist I was right to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Judy, you have taken a left turn since Super Fudge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geez, no need to get your knickers in a twist.

    I suppose the use of "Geez" is unacceptable to you also.

    You need to lighten up. Surely it would have been just as easy to politely decline without having to add a snarky comment about punctuation, or to have simply not responded in the first place.

    I know it is YOUR blog and you can do whatever the hell you please, but I am just getting tired of people being snarky when there is no real need. It's kind of not funny anymore.

    Do you think you are the only blogger to have ever been spammed?

    I actually find it quite sad and a real turn-off that someone as young as you must always be so cynical/snarky/sarcastic/snide.

    You're not being witty. There's a big difference.

    No doubt you will now do a separate post ranting and railing against my horrid comment as you seem to always do when anyone dares disagree with you. If you can dish it out but can't take a dose yourself, then possibly you are not mature enough to have a blog (or at the very least to allow commenters).

    By the way, in case you are wondering, I do not have any Google/Blogger account, hence the posting as Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I deem your blog Really Funny Stuff®.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanna share your post on my facebook,u know,the link,I like your post! is that ok?

    ReplyDelete