Monday, February 7, 2011

Reasoning with Vampires

Hello, readers. Today, I have a guest post at The Hindsight Letters. You can read about 16-year-old Alison and the very. worst. thing. she ever did.


Reasoning with Vampires. The blogger puts into words everything I cannot. Just why does Twilight annoy me so much? Why did I feel like there was something terribly, terribly wrong as I read it?

Ah. Yes. Because something was terribly, terribly wrong.

Case in point:








I hope you understand how hard it was for me to pick out selections from this site as a sample. Please. Go check it out.

11 comments:

  1. ive never read twilight and i guess i never will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man this is comedy gold, I'm going to that blog NOW, thanks for the heads up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jordan--Good life choice. I approve.

    @FoofandFaff--You're welcome for the heads up! I'm just trying to do the good work.

    @RMb--It is. It is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo definitely. I wanna jump on that bandwagon!!!
    BTW...I'd really love for you to join my free community of bloggers @ bloggerdise.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny! I try not to be too hard on the teens reading Twilight because God knows I read far too many Sweet Valley and BSC books when I was that age. But the grownups? I judge harshly.

    Then I realize I'm a grownup who has read every last Twilight book. And I have to change my tune. So I judge harshly the grownups who read Twilight and enjoy them in a completely non-ironic way.

    FWIW, I hated them. Especially Breaking Dawn, which I hated with a sick, fiery passion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll admit,I liked Twilight in a non-ironic way when I first read them. In my defense, I was a little brain-dead because I was in some intense classes.
    However, I enjoy mocking it just as much--if not more-- as I did reading it. And as a lover of grammar, this site has made my week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I'm not already committed to never reading Twilight, I am now. I love your new layout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read them to see what the fuss was and now enjoying reading the snark on them!
    BTW thought your post at The Hindsight Letters was sad but lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this post. I've gotta check out this site

    ReplyDelete