Friday, January 25, 2013

Motherfuckin' banana slicers.

There are few things I hate more than banana slicers.

They are TRULY the most useless kitchen tool in existence. The joy of bananas is that you can just gum at them, making them a food for all ages.

Unless you're an infant or putting the banana in some other food (a sandwich, cereal, salad), there is NO reason to slice it. NO REASON. GIVE ME A REASON, AND I'LL TELL YOU HOW YOU'RE WRONG.

I've had many impassioned conversations about the travesty that is the banana slicer. It is even banana shaped because not only do these people want me to BUY a banana slicer, they want me to STORE IT and it's special banana shape. Am I too stupid to adjust my chosen cutting tool to the banana shape?



I obviously have a lot of feelings on this topic.

Which makes Amazon's most recent email to me such a cruel, cruel joke. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME, AMAZON.

Bastards.

2 comments:

  1. Very entertaining. Nice blog work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also came in through the blog roulette.
    I must add that bananas need to be sliced when you prepare " Flamed bananas", a dessert where you fry bananas in a skillet, in butter and brown sugar and when the sauce gets thick add a shot of brandy,( light up with match, take all safety precautions, don't allow children to get close nor teach them). Ready when the alcohol in the brandy burns out.)

    ReplyDelete